You do not want any surprises or unexpected expenses after checking in a hostel, especially if you’re on a budget. Make sure you have answers to the following questions before you book a hostel. Follow this checklist; it will make your actual stay hassle free and enjoyable.
- How many beds in a room?
- Are room mixed or for same gender ?
- What are the bedsizes and do the rooms include linen?
- Shared bathrooms or private?
- Are there safes or lockers to store valuables?
- Are any meals included with the stay?
- Hostel amenities like laundry service, gymnasium, etc.? And what is the cost to use them?
- Is Wi-Fi available, and is it free or will you have to pay for it?
- Ask to check out the room beforehand
- Check if everything is satisfactory and you get what you were promised.
- Ask about lockouts or curfew times. Get the access code for the door if it has one.
- Take the hotels business card upon arrival. It will have the hotels address and will help you find your way back.
- Get a local map and ask the receptionist to highlight the hotel on the map, the nearest stations etc.
- Ask the reception for any events, parties, bars that are favourites with the locals, good restaurant around etc. They will be happy to help.
Look for the best youth hostels in Thailand.